St. Peter’s Learning Council consists of two pupils from each class from Reception to Year 6.
The aim of the Learning Council is:
- to make children at the school more aware of what good learning is
- have pupil input into what makes a good lesson
- get children more involved in the learning process
- to focus on the rights of children
- to ensure that learning is knowledge driven, interactive and interesting
- to actively respect the right of everyone in the school community to learn
- to make decisions about their own learning
The Learning Council is supported by Miss Paton. Meetings are held throughout the year.